Please choose the operating system most relevant to you:
- Obtain the ClassicMS installer for Windows from our downloads page.
- Disable your antivirus during the installation (antiviruses can cause some problems
with the installation).
- If on Windows 7 or earlier, install the x86 architecture of Microsoft Visual C++
Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017, and 2019. These are needed for
running the game. Ignore this step if you are running Windows 8 or later.
- Add an exclusion rule to the antivirus to prevent issues with launching the game.
- Obtain the ClassicMS.dmg file from our downloads page.
- Open the ClassicMS.dmg file from your Downloads location.
- Drag ClassicMS to your Applications folder.
- ClassicMS should be listed under your Launchpad.
- Obtain the ClassicMS installation bundle for Linux from our downloads page.
- Open a terminal emulator window.
Run the following bash commands:
sudo apt-get install wine winetricks
WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.wine32 wineboot
WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.wine32 winetricks d3dx9 directmusic
WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.wine32 winecfg
- Set Windows Version to "Windows XP"
cd into the directory where you have your extracted ClassicMS installation and run
the bash command to start your game.
WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.wine32 wine ClassicMS > /dev/null 2>&1 &