Please choose the operating system most relevant to you:
- Obtain the ClassicMS installer for Windows from our downloads page.
- Disable your antivirus during the installation (antiviruses can cause some problems with the installation).
- Add an exclusion rule to the antivirus to prevent issues with launching the game.
- Locate ClassicMS.exe, right-click, select "Properties". Then select the "Compatibility" tab and check "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"
- Select "Windows 98 / Windows Me" for the compatibility mode. Then hit Apply and OK
- Obtain the ClassicMS.dmg file from our downloads page.
- Open the ClassicMS.dmg file from your Downloads location.
- Drag ClassicMS to your Applications folder.
- ClassicMS should be listed under your Launchpad.
- Obtain the ClassicMS installation bundle for Linux from our downloads page.
- Open a terminal emulator window.
Run the following bash commands:
sudo apt-get install wine winetricks
WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.wine32 wineboot
WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.wine32 winetricks d3dx9 directmusic
WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.wine32 winecfg
- Set Windows Version to "Windows 98"
cd into the directory where you have your extracted ClassicMS installation and run the bash command to start your game.
WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.wine32 wine ClassicMS > /dev/null 2>&1 &